Oh, It's Stinky.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Interesting news article

...

Jenna Bush Becomes a Marine...



At a press conference in Washington yesterday, Presidential daughter Jenna Bush announced that she has enlisted to serve in the United States Marine Corp. While she hadn't previously spoken of career plans that included the military, she said that her support for the war and recent recruiting difficulties led to her decision.

“I’ve come to realize that stories and pictures of me being care-free and partying while the sons and daughters of other Americans fight my father’s war may be sending a bad message. By enlisting, I hope to boost support for the troops, and encourage other young conservatives to join the effort.


Ms. Bush, 24, then answered questions from reporters, even cracking some jokes at the expense of her father, President Bush. “Hopefully all my records won’t get lost or shredded like my dad’s,” she laughed.

News of her enlistment caught many by surprise, including some in the President's inner circle. A senior administation official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "I don't think anyone expected this. I mean, it's not like we expect a lot out the Bushes, but Jenna is especially worthless...unless you own a bar in one of the twelve states they call home."

Jenna’s Grandmother, former first lady Barbara Bush, issued a statement from the family home in Kennebunkport, “This makes me proud of Jenna, and I’m encouraging my other grandchildren to do the same. When it comes to examples of people stepping up and pitching in like a commoner, I want Americans to think of us Bushes.”

There were no details about when and where she will train and serve. A spokesman said any further information that can be shared will be announced at a later date.

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home